1. Mill the 5 cups of hard red winter wheat berries
2. Soak the milled grain:
Add the 5 cups, of now milled grain, to the following:
3 Cups of Kefir and 1 Cup Coconut Oil
– Mix until the mixture forms a ball & cleans the sides of the bowl clean. I usually knead it with the Bosch for about 10 minutes to work the oil & Kefir thoroughly throughout.
– Soak 7 to 24 hrs.
Raise the Dough:
Mix the following:
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Honey
2 Packets Yeast, or 4.5 tsp.
– Heat water and honey to 110-115 on stove top. Add yeast and let activate (5 min. until bubbly)
– Mix in a separate bowl:
2 Cups ground flour
2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda, Aluminum Free
– Add the flour mix & the yeast mix to the dough and knead in Bosch for 10 min.
Test by pulling apart or feeling the stickyness of the dough. You don’t want the dough sticking to your fingers, just gradually add more flour if it is doing this.
– Rise in Bosch until double in size, about 1.5-2hr, depending on the house/oven temp.
– Turn on oven to 325˚
– Move dough to 3 large pans, or 8 mini loafs and let rise, covered, ontop of stove until just under double in size. About 30 min.
-Bake for 30 minutes until inside temp is 185-195. For the large loafs cook them about 45 min. But check on them after 30.